Chicken Feed Bags?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ChickyGirl12, Nov 11, 2014.

1. ChickyGirl12

ChickyGirl12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2014
    Is there any thing to do with old feed bags? I know they are great for kindling fires. But does anybody have any ideas? Dumb question. LOL

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Do you have the paper or plastic bags? Mine are plastic. I use them to put trash in. Many things will poke a hole in a plastic garbage bag so I put those things in a plastic feed bag before I put them in that thin plastic garbage bag to throw away.

You can make a reusable shopping bag with them, maybe as Christmas gifts. How many do you need for your own use? There are instructions somewhere on this forum or do an internet search.

3. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    I use most I mine to cover the insulation in the coops so no one pecks at it. Otherwise I've made a couple totes for some of my kids toys and made stockings to decorate the run for Christmas (yes, my girls get Xmas decorations!)

4. ChickyGirl12

ChickyGirl12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2014
    Cool SunkenRoadFarms! And i have paper bags Ridgerunner, in the past i have made a few totes, but since they are paper they easily fall apart.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by