Chicken feeder pipe installed in my coop!!! Have a look:)

mat2dong

Songster
7 Years
Jun 17, 2012
Hi everyone! My son and I worked on getting this chicken feeder pipe installed on our coop to make sure it is ready for our girls when they come out of the brooder!!!

I will give you each video I did leading up to this new one. Please give me feedback on what you all think and how I can improve it.

1. DIY chicken feeder pipe.

2. DIY chicken feeder - Adjust feed level.

3. DIY chicken feeder - Pipe installed on coop!

It looks great but you might want to roll the feed part up a little because they will spoon the food out of it easily. I say that because I have one just like it and had to to do that.

Last edited:
It looks great but you might want to roll the feed part up a little because they will spoon the food out of it easily. I say that because I have one just like it and had to to do that.

I planned on getting my girls in the coop then making all adjustments:) Great eye for detail!

On the end of yours, what is that for?

At the end of it is another home grown contraption filled with oyster shell and crushed egg shells. Sometimes they require a little extra calcium so its there when the need it. They are not connected. It is not so much an eye for detail as it is experienced the problem with the cost of feed these days. They will actually eat some of it off the floor but gets mixed in then wasted.

Last edited:
Well done!
thumbsup.gif

At the end of it is another home grown contraption filled with oyster shell and crushed egg shells. Sometimes they require a little extra calcium so its there when the need it. They are not connected.  It is not so much an eye for detail as it is experienced the problem with the cost of feed these days. They will actually eat some of it off the floor but gets mixed in then wasted.

Really cool:) Can you take a closer photo of that little add on?

Really cool:) Can you take a closer photo of that little add on?

Sure will. I will post it asap on this post.... Give you the details now though. It is about an 6"-8" piece of 2"PVC pipe with a notch cut on the bottom screwed to a 4" ID PVC cap. Simple to make and cheap because it was stuff I had.

If you got any questions just PM me.

Last edited:
Sure will. I will post it asap on this post.... Give you the details now though. It is about an 6"-8" piece of 2"PVC pipe with a notch cut on the bottom screwed to a 4" ID PVC cap. Simple to make and cheap because it was stuff I had.

If you got any questions just PM me.

Nice!! I was thinking of just added those things to the feed but this looks really cool! Thanks for taking the photo's!

Anyone have any problems getting the feed down.? I made mine but have to shake it to get more food down after they ate it. It's a pain! I made mine using 3" PVC same length about 2 feet or so and a 90 degree connector I hung in my run. On a kennel fence. I'm thinking maybe I haven't angled it right? Its not straight like the one pictured above. Maybe I should try that? Thanks for the input im new to all this diy stuff:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom