1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken feeders/drinkers

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 688peterl, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    I was just thinking.... Would I be able to use the feeders and drinkers that stores sell for chickens? For Indian runner ducks coz they are taller than other ducks so maybe they need taller feeders?

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

My goose is taller than your duck, and eats and drinks out of rubber bowls on the ground.

3. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    chickensducks&agoose :

My goose is taller than your duck, and eats and drinks out of rubber bowls on the ground.

i was gonna use rubber bowls but wouldnt the ducks just jump in them?​

4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

depends on the diameter and the height. I use a lot of the ones that are like 8 inches across and 5 inches high, so the ducks can't step in them, but can drink easily... sometimes the goose steps in them, and can knock them over, but it does keep the duckies from taking a swim... however, in the winter, I also add in a couple of big, shallow, wide ones, for swimming.

5. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

for ducks you can use just about anything, but if the bowl is big enough to get into, they will get into it. when they are babies you want to make sure they cannot get into their bowls because they can drown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by