Chicken feet recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by KareyABohr, Jun 11, 2009.

1. KareyABohr

KareyABohr Songster

Jan 14, 2009
    SE Iowa
    My aunt told me that she LOVED chicken feet.
    So I looked up online and I know how to clean the chicken feet, I just don't know what is the best way to cook them.
    If anyone on here has any good ways to eat chicken feet I would appreciate your posts!
    Thanks

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    There are lots of asian recipes that use them. I'd google them & see what you find.

You can also use them to make stock.

3. KareyABohr

KareyABohr Songster

Jan 14, 2009
    SE Iowa
    Well yeah, but I would rather hear from people who have actually TASTED these before I go to all the work of doing it.

I know they make good stock....but I also remember eating "fried" chicken feet as a very young girl in china town Chicago, and they were tender, favorful and kind of chewy all at once. I ate them with chopsticks. I don't know if they are as good as I remember or if just the new experinece is what I loved so much.

4. prairiegirl

prairiegirl Songster

Jul 6, 2008
    A friend of my DH's family used to eat them fried. I don't know anything more than that.
    Just a thought, but maybe post this on the meat bird forum. Someone may know how to clean and cook them. There's a lot of info there on preparing other parts of chicken.

prairiegirl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: