Chicken Fever!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AussieHen, Dec 16, 2015.

1. AussieHen

AussieHen New Egg

Dec 16, 2015
    Hello [​IMG] only had my new Chookies for a week and im so in love with them all!! 3 rescued battery hens (Isa Browns) Silky Bantams, Frizzles and 2 young hens I haven't figured out there breed yet?? A od ball collection and 2 Ducklings! I have so much to learn! Trying to sex my 8-12 week old? Chicks is proving impossible! We are in Perth Western Australia on 5 acres with a lovely big chook pen [​IMG] Look forward to many hrs on here learning and enjoying everyone's Chooks!

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could joi us here! That's a lovely mix you have there, you could post in the what breed gender section for your unknown breeds. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
    Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - try posting pics of your chickens as I'm sure lots of members will help you with gender and breed.

Ct

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    G'day, and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. All of us here at BYC have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder) and very few of us are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) X2 on OrganicFarmWife; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. You may want to post at "Australia, six states and one funny little island. " You might discover other chicken folk living near you.

8. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome To BYC! Please ask any questions you may have. If you post a picture someone here will be able to try and give an idea on breed and sex. For us to help you on sexing the chicks get a picture of their complete body of their side like this. If they are not fully feathered but have feathers on their wings try to get a picture of the wing stretched out like this. You'll have one wing type or the other,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by