Chicken Fight

D SCHWARTZ 26

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2016
I have 2 banties with chicks they were in the same coop but were separated by a wire gate. At some point today they got in with eachother and the one hen pecked the other one so bad her eyes are all red and swollen shut. :'( Will she be ok or is she blind now. What can I do for her. I took the other hen out and she won't be able to get at her anymore. I feel awful :( The crazy thing is before they sat on their eggs they had been running together loose downstairs in my barn and got along fine. But I had to move them upstairs to a coop because something was getting the chicks. (I think it was a stray cat:/ )
Anyways any advice or experience with this kind of injury would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks!!

I recommend leaving her alone and let her heal, either her eyes are okay or they aren't. Others might suggest to flush them out and mess with them, I have always left them be in a warm quiet place. Chickens are good at healing. If she doesn't open her eyes in a few days you may need to use a syringe to drop water or sugar water in her beak.

Back
Top Bottom