Chicken fight

stevo7181

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 6, 2012
Recently I added 2 new full grown hens to the flock. The original hens will chase them any chance they get and today i found one stuck between nesting boxes. My question is, will they ever get used to each other or do I need to separate them? If it makes a difference the two I added are a different breed.

Thank you. I really did not wana build a new coop
wee.gif

with the last chicken I introcuced to my flock. I built a smaller coop inside the one that I already had. This was to protect the new comer and keep me sane. After about a week they got along enough to let him out of the enclosure and tear it down. The old flock can sure be mean to the new comers. Give it sone time, but if they draw blood dont be afraid to separate the injured bird.

I had to introduce my new flock to my current flock, and I had one older hen that even got to the point of almost killing one of the newer ones. Separate the injured bird, and punish the mean one, like driving it away if it is trying to hurt anyone else. Just wait for them to get adjusted to each other, which may take a couple weeks. Keep an eye on the mean one and injured one.

Back
Top Bottom