Chicken first aid kit

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedheadErin, Dec 17, 2011.

1. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    So now that my dumb rooster got his butt kicked, it occurs to me that I should have some stuff on hand. What do you all have in your first aid kits?

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Sevin and Blu Kote (or some anti-pick product.) I use my own Neosporin, peroxide, or Betadine if needed (it's not that hard to prevent cross contamination.) I also have some Valbazen, a wormer.

I have seen replies to this question that were half a page long, though.

3. THELMA

THELMA Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2009
    anti peck spray, blue antiseptic spray, Tylan soluble, Nystatin, coxid, sudo cream

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
  5. Ahava

Ahava Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2011
    NC
    Our Faverolles injured her toe somehow, and it was bleeding enough to drip. Kind of scary. Fortunately I remembered that we have some Wonder Dust, which is a coagulant used on horses and other livestock. Unfortunately, it's out at the barn with the horse stuff (we board in another location since we live in the city). A quick trip to Southern States, a toe dunk in the Dust, a little time in the broody cage to let the wound clot, and viola! Highly recommend the stuff, especially if you've got fighting roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by