Chicken flufffed up

henney penny

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Northern Maine

I have a frizzled bantam cochin that is just a year old,the last couple weeks she has been fluffed up and kinda just standing around,she eats and drinks.First I thought she was broody,she was in the broody box with the others for a couple days,but is out now and has been for a few days.She has no head feathers because of the rooster,then I though she might be molting,she is ragged looking but I blamed it on the rooster.I have dusted her for mites and lice.She has always had ACV in her water,good feed and a few scrapes.I put her in a cage today with a heat lamp and she has been staying under that.Will watch for eggs,bloody stool and anything else I can think off. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong, or anything else I should watch for? Oh I did mix up a homemade electrolyte mixture for her to drink.1 cup water,2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, ,little salt. Any thoughts would be helpful.This was taken last year of her

Aunt ruth

TheSpeckledBlonde
Sep 25, 2013
The South
Listen to her breathing. If it sounds congested I would give her an antibiotic. If she sounds clear I would just seperate her and watch her closely for the next few days.

Top Bottom