Chicken foot, growth?

Hi,

She was bred from birds who came from Greenfire Farms, https://greenfirefarms.com/
The breeder i got these gals from is a local breeder here in WA and his farm name is Grayrooster farms. It’s a small 1/2 acre place near the city (Kirkland, WA) It’s his hobby. I have some other rare birds from him and they all have done well. (Older ones too) I agree it must be something genetic. I just hate this, not fair the little thing had such a short life. I will know more when I get home today.

Thanks again for your help.
Hm, well maybe it was a fluke. Some chicks just don't make it for whatever reason. It's senseless and heartbreaking, but it's life I guess.

Could I have that guy's contact info? Driving to kirkland is doable for me.
How much does he charge for the barnevelder chicks? (Sorry to ask questions considering what you just went through).

View attachment 1826601
Hi
Anyone know what this is on my hens foot?

Also, anyone know about water belly in chicks?!

On the water belly, I have had 2 hens with this before. I didn’t know what it was in the past, and it’s so, so sad to watch a hen go through it until they die but this hen is lethargic, she’s only 10 weeks, but slowly starting a waddle. Her belly is full, like a water balloon. she’s one of by double silver laced Barnevelders. Any suggestions on that?

My poor little pullet is dying. It’s so sad and there’s nothing I can do. She’s just laying there taking her last breaths. I can put chickens out of their misery but this one I want to let go naturally. I don’t know,
I'm sorry about your pullet:hugs
If you don't mind, can you take photos of the swollen abdomen?
Since you have seen this before, it would be a good idea to have a necropsy. Refrigerate the body and send it to your state lab. https://waddl.vetmed.wsu.edu/avian
Alternatively, if you are up to it, perform an informal one yourself, take some photos and we will help you with what you see.

It’s not a problem, I spoke with him on Facebook but he had just had his 4th kid with his wife so he might have closed shop for a minute because I can’t find him anymore. I found him on Instagram though. Just search gray rooster farms.

Hm, well maybe it was a fluke. Some chicks just don't make it for whatever reason. It's senseless and heartbreaking, but it's life I guess.

Could I have that guy's contact info? Driving to kirkland is doable for me.
How much does he charge for the barnevelder chicks? (Sorry to ask questions considering what you just went through).

It’s not a problem, I spoke with him on Facebook but he had just had his 4th kid with his wife so he might have closed shop for a minute because I can’t find him anymore. I found him on Instagram though. Just search gray rooster farms.
Ah, yeah I saw the instagram. I don't use facebook, and the page appeared to be broken anyway. Looks like he's getting a website, but it's not done yet. Do you know his phone number?

Sorry about your pullet. :hugs
I have seen ascites twice in younger birds. First one was a young male peachick that I sent to UC Davis for necropsy and the necropsy report said he died from ascites due to a defective heart.

Second one was a baby pigeon that I necropsied myself.

I have seen ascites twice in younger birds. First one was a young male peachick that I sent to UC Davis for necropsy and the necropsy report said he died from ascites due to a defective heart.

Could you tell what was wrong with the pigeon?

Sucks that chicks can make it a few months before birth defects kick in. I feel like if they have something that bad they should just die right away. Fate is cruel.

Awe man. That’s sad. I’m pretty sure that’s what it was on my young one. She died in my hands earlier today. There was nothing I could do, still so sad. She was so pretty too.

Tha

Back
Top Bottom