Chicken-friendly Cities?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by spaceapple, Dec 27, 2011.

1. spaceapple

spaceapple Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2011
    Ann Arbor
    Hi guys! My husband and I cannot currently have chickens where we live, but will most likely be moving when he graduates with his Master's this spring. I want to be sure that chickens are allowed in the city that we choose. However, I find it impossible to navigate city websites so I need your help! These are the cities we're considering:

Syracuse, NY
    Lexington, KY (I think they allow 10; is this accurate?)
    Chapel Hill, NC

Does anyone know about the chicken laws in these places? If you happen to have a link to any of these ordinances, that would be even better. Thanks in advance, everybody!

2. PixieChixie

PixieChixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Theres a section in the forum titled "where am I? Where are you?" you may be able to find those areas and ask if no one comes along to answer here.

3. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Bellingham, WA!

4. spaceapple

spaceapple Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2011
    Ann Arbor
    Quote:Thanks; unfortunately our options are limited to the doctorate programs that my husband is applying to!
    I've found out that Chapel Hill allows 10 chickens and Lexington doesn't seem to have a limit. Does anyone have information on Syracuse or clarification for Lexington..?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by