1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Chicken Gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ebeller, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ebeller

ebeller Hatching

Sep 13, 2010
    Westport, CT
    Hi there,

I am a new back yard chicken owner, and raising six pullets via MyPetChicken.com, or so I thought. Turns out, one started crowing a few days ago, and three of them are looking suspiciously rooster-ish. What are your thoughts? Please help! http://thebellerchicks.shutterfly.com/pictures/191

2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    How old are they?

3. speakup4kids

speakup4kids Songster

Apr 3, 2010
    Yuba City , CA
    I'm going to say that you have at least 2 roos there...maybe more. If you can keep them roosters are pretty cool to have! I can't legally have mine but I keep the quiet ones cause they have awesome personalities. It looks like you are going to have some gorgeous roosters!

4. heksa

heksa Songster

Jun 21, 2010
    Indiana
    Yep, the two suspects of yours look very rooish to me. I got two very similar chicks. Are the somewhere between 10 to 12 weeks old?

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I see some roos in your pics too!

6. ebeller

ebeller Hatching

Sep 13, 2010
    Westport, CT
    The chicks are almost 3 months old. Do you see more than two roos? This is so upsetting... We cannot keep roosters! Let me know which ones you suspect... Thanks.

7. greenSearcher

greenSearcher Songster

Aug 22, 2010
    Texoma
    Be sure to contact MPC if you ordered girls in the next few days, once you know who's a boy. If you ordered straight run chickens, you could very well have at least half of the chickens be roosters. If you qualify for a credit or refund, you need to contact MPC by 17 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by