Chicken Genetics Quesiton... Advice and info Please...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by texascowboy1979, Jun 23, 2010.

1. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks

Regarding breeding... I only know what Ive experienced...

My 1st breeding group
    An Arucana rumpless Male and Turken Hen crossed, I got half with naked neck and half with feathered necks... I got half with tail and half rumpless...

With that... I have a new breeding group and wanted to get some insite from others who have done it...
    =====================================================================================================
    Breeding Group 1

I have a Black Silky Male... Nice Roo...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a Gray Silky Turken hen... VERY NICE...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I plan to cross them... what should the offspring be?

In my Idea... I think it should be 75 percent silky and 25 percent normal feathers..., and that half the chicks should not have feathers on there neck... is that right?
    =====================================================================================================
    Breeding Group 2

Black silky Male
    [​IMG]

Black Frizzle hen
    [​IMG]

Gray Frizzle hen
    [​IMG]
    Breeding Group 3

Black Silky male
    [​IMG]

Gray Normal feather Rumpless Arucana hen.
    [​IMG]

What should the offspring be for my 3 breeding groups and in what percentages do you think?
    Ill post pictures tomorrow when theres sun light.
    Thanks for all your help

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    You should be posting this question in the Breeds, Genetics & Showing section of this site. You can probably call on a moderator and ask them to move this posting to the appropriate section.

3. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    group 1 all silkies, half will be naked neced silkies (showgirls).

group 2 all normal feathered (given all frizzles are not hetero for h), half will be frizzled (sizzles)

group 3 all normal feather, half will be rumpless.

All group chicks will have silkie traits if the roosters are of good quality.... extra toe, dark skin, crest...

4. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Pictures Updated... to orignial post at the top...

So they should all be silky or split to silky right???

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:An silkied parent will give the gene to all its offspring. If both parents are silkied, their offspring will be silkied; if only one parent is silkied, they will all be split to silkie. (However, it the other parent is split, half will be silkied.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by