1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken getting picked on

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Matt M, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Matt M

Matt M Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    I just got a white pythmoth rock hen and it is getting picked on by my BO hen and BO rooster what do i do. The WPR is 5 weeks older and is a little biger.

2. Matt M

Apr 16, 2016
    Anyone.

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Some more information is needed. How many total birds in how much space. What are you feeding them? What is their exact age?

4. Matt M

Apr 16, 2016
    BO hen And roosters are 10 weeks and The White pythmoth rock hen and Rhode Island Red are 15 weeks and that's all the chickens I have right know. I am starting them on chicken grower/finisher.

5. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Did you just add the new ones? It's normal for those who hold the territory to try to defend it when new members are added. It's best to divide the space up for a few weeks, so they get used to each other through the fence, before letting them physically mingle to avoid too much fighting.

6. Matt M

Apr 16, 2016
    Yes I did I'll do that thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by