Chicken gone in an instant POOF

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tiki244, Jun 14, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    What could have happened? I cant find her anywhere, I looked in all the bushes! I have been over the yard 4 times. No feathers, no noises, and she isnt laying right now. I am very concerned because I do have neighbors and I dont want any of them finding her. I was only inside for 5 minutes and came back out . All the chickens were there except for her. Oh my.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Do you have hawks around? It only takes a moment for them to swoop down and carry them off.

3. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    im sorry. thats awful!
    but,, i lost a rir three month old roo one time almost the whole day. i looked and looked and finally came to the conclusion he was gone for good.. hawk.. something.. well, low and behold, at the time for me to close the coop,, he was in there! [​IMG]

i hope u find ur little one

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I am so happy! I went out again and did another search and found she had broken into the old coop that I used to keep them in. [​IMG] She is with all the little ones right now. [​IMG]

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thanks Katy and Augie dranch WHWEW I was just sick too. Oh I am so happy now. I think I spent about 2 hours looking for her too. She sure can hide when she wants to.

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] yeah augiedranch low and behold

30 lashes with a wet noodle and green tea for supper for her tonight [​IMG]

7. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    I am so happy for you. I worry about hawks and was worried that happened to you. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Whew! I'm so happy you found her! [​IMG]

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Glad you found her! Little stinker! She was with the little ones??? She must be a good mama [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    O thank you everybody. Yes she is always going broody on me, that was the other thought I had was if there was a pile of eggs someplace I didnt know about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by