Chicken got in Motor oil!?

New one on me, and you may want to wait until
you get some better replys?

Age / type of chicken?

See what the others say, but I would probably think
Dawn dish detergent. Seems to cut grease better than
other brands. Wash gently but firmly. Blow dryer time.

How bad is it? Just a few feathers or a blow blown drenching?

See what others say besides me. I wash Silkies. But not in
the winter.

Spook

I would also say to use dawn soap and warm water. Its used on ducks and other animals that end up in oil spills from ships. I would check with a vet first though.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Dish detergent will definitely remove the motor oil. I've never used baby shampoo on oil but since it is a soap product it will probably work as well. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

I would keep an eye on the chicken poop too. She may have ingested some while cleaning herself. Look for signs of being ill as well over the next few days and call a vet if anything looks off. Not sure about your area but where I am (georgina ontario) we have 24/hr vet help lines that you can call for free.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck with her.

Back
Top Bottom