Chicken guard door not closing

hugewino

Hatching
Aug 3, 2022
Hi guys.
We have a chicken guard door that’s not behaving properly. It jolts as it opens/closes and it also sometimes doesn’t close! We've already had it replaced once as the little thing at the top of the door that has the anti lifting latch was completely jammed!
Has anyone else had similar issues? I’ve tried contacting the company several times but they’ve yet to respond….
Cheers
Hugh

But the wire or whatever that is pulling it... maybe inside that spool it needs some greasing.

I have had great results with WD40 with silicone that is made for (I think) rusty bike chains. It has been great in complicated pully systems.

It is just that when you describe it by saying "it jolts" makes me think that something in the working parts is sticking.

Last edited:
But the wire or whatever that is pulling it... maybe inside that spool it needs some greasing.

I have had great results with WD40 with silicone that is made for (I think) rusty bike chains. It has been great in complicated pully systems.

It us just that when you describe it by saying "it jolts" makes me think that something in the working parts is sticking.
I stood out there tonight in the rain as I’d set it to close at 8pm. Sure enough at 8pm it did absolutely nothing. I’ve emailed the company 3 times over the last 6 weeks without a reply. I tried to ring them tonight (from Australia) but just got put on hold…

Back
Top Bottom