Chicken had a small bubble around her nostril

serena_

Hatching
Feb 9, 2021
Hi!
I just got a new chicken two days ago, she's about 5 months old.

she's doing great and looks healthy to me, but this morning when i took her out it seemed she had a small bubble around her nostril, but it quickly went away

I looked it up and found a lot of answers but the thing is, she has no other symptoms and i haven't seen another bubble. Is she still okay?

About all you can do is observe her. If the bubble was coming from her nostril, she may have mucus from a respiratory infection or disease. Respiratory diseases can cause nasal drainage, watery bubbles in an eye, sneezing, and crackles or wheezes when breathing. Depending on symptoms, there could be a virus or bacterial disease. Common ones that affect chickens are infectious bronchitis virus, mycoplasma (MG,) coryza, ILT, and others. Oh, and keep her separated far away from any other birds for at least a month for quarantine to watch her. Here is a good list of diseases with their symptoms and treatments:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Last edited:
Hi!
I just got a new chicken two days ago, she's about 5 months old.

she's doing great and looks healthy to me, but this morning when i took her out it seemed she had a small bubble around her nostril, but it quickly went away

I looked it up and found a lot of answers but the thing is, she has no other symptoms and i haven't seen another bubble. Is she still okay?
Welcome To BYC!

Can you post some photos?
Was the bubble mucous?

I would keep her quarantined for another couple of weeks to see if she develops any symptoms. Take note of mucous, any coughing, wheezing, sneezing, bubbles in the eyes or discharges.

What was the outcome with your baby chick?
Welcome To BYC:frow

The Original Poster (OP) of this thread made 1 post in 2021 and has not been back on since, so it's unlikely they will reply to you.

Do you need help with your own baby chick? If you do, please provide more information - age, symptoms, treatments you have given if any, etc. Photos of the chick, the brooder and of its poop are always helpful too.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom