1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken has been crowing non-stop! Terrible news.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chicks & Chickens, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Chicks & Chickens

Chicks & Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    My sweet little Chicken named Harmony kept crowing non-stop at the age 9-10 weeks, so we had to find a new home.
    She was my companion. The one I loved more than any other Animal. I lost her today, but she went to a good home where she will have more space. Her 'siblings', Cinnamon and Nutmeg, went along with her. They have a much better pen there and they have a big heat lamp, so that's good. I'll miss them terribly. I already do! I always remember her "Hello-My-Hero" dreamy eyes that looked up to me while cuddling in my lap and rubbing her head on my shoulder. I hope to see her soon and possibly get her and her siblings back!

I love you Harmony, and I will forever and always! : (

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

4. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Do sorry you lost your little sweetie. Sounds like she may be a he, though. Are you not allowed to keep roosters where you live?

6. Chicks & Chickens

Nov 13, 2011
    We found out today that she actually IS a Rooster! And yeah, we can't have them:( He's gone anyway, though... But I miss him A LOT!!!

7. simplynewt

simplynewt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I went through a simular situation where I thought I had 5 hens and found out after many weeks and much feed that I had 4 roos and one hen. Hoping you get to get the girls you lone for.

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have found that you can buy new chickens but you can never replace the ones that have gone before.

How wonderful that Harmony was loved so greatly before going on to his new home.

9. Chicks & Chickens

Nov 13, 2011
    Yes, I agree... I have thought the same way. I actually got two Cockatiel Birds afterwards to keep me busy, but I've realized that NOTHING can replace Harmony. And thanks for your wishes :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by