Chicken has limp legs, won't/can't stand up! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken Hugger!, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Chicken Hugger!

Chicken Hugger! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    I was out doing chores this morning and found one of my barred rocks laying on the the floor of the coop. She was there last night, but she normally sleeps on the floor with my rooster for some reason. Both of her legs are limp, but don't appear broken or sore/ hurt. I really don't know what the problem is. If you can help that would be great! I really don't want to have my dad have to "take care of her". HELP!!!

2. roosters4sale

roosters4sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    missouri
    Hi. She sounds weak. You can try an avian vitamin supplement deluted into water. I hope she is still drinking if not you can take a syringe (without needle) and give her the drink with your help.

3. valsey

valsey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    How old is she? What's her poop look like? Is she eating? Need more info

4. Chicken Hugger!

Nov 14, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    She is drinking fine. Eating a little and her poop is really runny and green with white in it. Looks almost like something you would see from a goose on pasture. Really gross. She is about 20 weeks just starting to lay. If you need more info let me know

5. Chicken Hugger!

Nov 14, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    My chicken died this morning [​IMG] Well at least she isn't suffering anymore...

6. roosters4sale

roosters4sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    missouri
    I'm sorry for your loss c.h.

7. Glenbogel06

Glenbogel06 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2008
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Sorry for your loss. I just had to put one of my favorite hens down because she was exhibiting the same symptoms. After days of vitamins, she was still going down hill.

8. Sandy16

Sandy16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    Atlanta
    So sorry to hear this. Hugs!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by