1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken has slim my poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crazy chick 00, Mar 15, 2016.

1. crazy chick 00

crazy chick 00 New Egg

Jan 8, 2016
    I noticed one day my Rhode Island had been off on her own not much energy... I watched her for a bit she drank water and pecked at food here and there. She hasn't been herself she will socialize sometimes but sits by herself most of the time. I noticed her poop had a clear slim in it. What could be happening?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  3. crazy chick 00

crazy chick 00 New Egg

Jan 8, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I have not added any new birds to my flock. They are all about s year old. I checked on her this morning and her poop didn't have very much slim anymore. I went to a feed store and they gave me new-chlor to treat it. Have you heard anything about this?

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I don't know what that is. What is the generic name on the container? Corid or Ampromed are found in the cattle departments of feed stores and are specifically for treatment of coccidiosis. Sulmet or Sulfadimethoxine may also be used, but treat fewer strains. Is she more alert and eating?

5. crazy chick 00

crazy chick 00 New Egg

Jan 8, 2016
    From what I can see she is eating more and socializing. I might treat this as coccidiosis just incase.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by