1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chicken has swollen foot, but no puss.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by marbas100, Mar 25, 2013.

1. marbas100

marbas100 New Egg

Jul 27, 2012
    I have a bantam chicken that has a swollen foot. I thought it could be an infection but when my father lanced it, the only thing that comes out is blood and it has been done twice. What else could be the problem?

2. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Try soaking her feet in epsom salts, then applying neosporin to it. Keep a watch on her for a few days, and repeat the treatment. See how it goes, if it worsens, update us on here! goodluck!
    ACF~

3. ChicCrazyInNC

ChicCrazyInNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Mebane NC
    Sounds like it could be gout. I haven't had a chicken like that but I know Guineas can get it. Try google. Is my best friend. Lol

4. chick lovers

chick lovers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    With my chickens.
    I have a golden comet with a swollen toe but not the whole foot. Is it possible that she broke it or something. It might help if you could get some pics posted. I hope it gets better though.[​IMG]

5. marbas100

marbas100 New Egg

Jul 27, 2012
    Well it looks like bumble foot. It was lanced again and this time puss came out so my father ordered penicillin for it. Hopefully that fixes it, and thanks for the replys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by