Chicken house gone

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
Well the tornado that swept through suburban St. Louis on Good Friday took out the chicken house. A Oak that measured 36 inches at trunk base snapped about 12 feet up and landed smack dab in the middle of it. The chickens all survived as it was roosting time so it missed them. They are now in the garden shed that maintained some damage but is usable. It's too small though but they hens get to range the yard during the day since the tree took out the run fencing.
The good news is I will build a bigger and better one ;-) once the insurance company hands over a check.

The better news is no one was killed (amazing when you see some of the homes), my home survived with moderate damage, a tree fell on the garage and the roofing, guttering, down spouts all need replacing. The home was built in 1957 and from what I heard as I was hiding in the basement a newer home would not have survived and as a matter of fact many of the newer homes didn't

I can not imagine being in the basement with all that going on! How afraid you all must of been. I'm so glad everyone is ok...and the chickens get to free range and get a bigger and better house out of it!
lol.png
Seriously, I am happy you all made it thru the tordado.

Quote:
Flooding, horrible! Never been through a flood. With a tornado it's on you and gone in less than a minute, flooding, probably seems endless.

Glad all is well and everyone is safe. We had one touch down in the field behind our house on new years eve, luckily it just threw up dirt and such as it was between planting seasons.

We are in Fenton, noce to see another Missouri person here.

Myke

glad everyone is ok, we had a twister about a month or so ago that just missed our shop(temp chicken coop) and house by 10ft then we had 30 inches of rain but the good thing is the twister knocked the remaining ice storm limbs down and with all the rain we found out that where we were going to put the coop we couldn't because that's where all the water goes again i'm glad everyone is ok and hope you stay dry

man I know what day you were talking about w/the tornadoes! OMGOSH they were everywhere up here too!!!

I am so sorry you had to deal with the damage but I am so glad you were blessed with your lives!!!

You guys had a nasty storm today too if I'm remembering correctly..usually when they break in w/the EBS up here for you guys..we usually get it later on in the day; but
thankfull it went straight east instead!

how did you all fare w/tonights storms?

Back
Top Bottom