12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7BLFylPuY&feature=related

someone
try this!!!! and tell me if it worked!
ep.gif

Quote:
lol but it doesnt hurt them right? i wanna try it but i would feel awful if i hurt any.......so someonelse do it LOL

I can do the head under the wing and rocking hypnosis. I tried the other way a few times, but couldn't get it to work (I believe it though! I just had an alternative!). Growing up, my dad required us to sing "rock a bye baby", and said it wouldn't work otherwise.

It's a fun trick to show people, especially non-chicken people. Set the bird down gently and it will just sit for a few minutes, in a dopey trance. If you touch the bird it will 'wake up' and look around, slightly confused!

Ive done this before. Someone sent me a link in an email about all this. ONLY after I saw and ask weither it hurt them or not I decided to try it out. And it really works!
ep.gif
I couldnt believe it. I showed DH but all I got was
roll.png
I guess Im just easily amused.

My SO did the first technique mentioned on wikipedia when my chickens were younger. I made him stop. It didn't seem to bother the chickens at all, but it spooked me a bit.

Quote:
lol but it doesnt hurt them right? i wanna try it but i would feel awful if i hurt any.......so someonelse do it LOL

U know...this has been debated a lot here on BYC. In my beliefs, it does not hurt them. But others believe it is hard on their organs, breathing, and not smart for the overall health of the bird. While I would never want to hurt another living thing for sport...I would process animals for food. But truly, this comes down to a personal choice. I have the 'to each their own' attitude. In my experience, our birds have never showed any negative side effects from hypnosis. We did try to poll the folks who absolutely opposed this for birds...and none posted any case here on BYC of a chicken succumbing to this procedure.
I am still interested to hear if there are any folks here who have had a fatality as a result of this procedure.

hugs.gif
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom