Chicken illness

themomathome

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
Hi. My name is Kathy and my family and I are recent (5 months) owners of chickens: 3 Barred Rocks, 3 R.I. Reds, 1 Dorking, 1 Golden Lace Wyandotte and 1 Ameraucana. All are well except the Ameraucana. Yesterday she started acting odd - keeping to herself, tail down, droopy. There are feces in the coop that are runny, with what looks like white and yellow mucus and pink lumps in it. Since the others are active and acting normal, we are assuming that these belong to her. We thought as she is at an age to start laying, that she might be egg-bound, so we took her out last night and gave her a warm bath for about 1/2 hour. She seemed relaxed and comfortable there. After making sure that she was thoroughly dry, we put her back in with the others. There were 2 beige,soft-shelled broken eggs in the coop this morning, but I think that they might be the early attempts by the 5 month old Barred Rocks as the R.I. Reds have been laying for the past week; their eggs have been fine. We've seen no evidence of blue or green tinted eggs anywhere in the coop or in the grass of their run.
If anyone has any suggestions or advice, we would be most grateful.
Thank you.

HI, and
welcome-byc.gif

so sorry your hen is not feeling well.
Try posting a thread about her here

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=10
you will get more replys threre about your hen.

Good luck
hugs.gif

hit.gif
im soo sorry about your chicken. Im even newer than you are (two days) so im no help in the "how to fix my chicken" part, but if you post a topic under the Emergencies, illnesses, etc. department you might have better luck!
welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with you eggs!
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif