Chicken in shock after

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Shadowbvb, May 15, 2016.

1. Shadowbvb

Shadowbvb New Egg

May 15, 2016
    A dog attacked no injuries to be seen. Emergency do I let her sleep or not. HELP!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Sorry to hear about your dog attack. Keep her warm, quiet and isolated. A dog crate is good for this. Shock can be a killer as much as any injuries. If she wishes to sleep that's fine as long as she is quiet.

Good luck with her :fl

3. Shadowbvb

Shadowbvb New Egg

May 15, 2016
    Thanks for the help. Yea she is trying to close her eyes btw its a little chic. I will let her sleep then.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Once she has settled and hopefully got over the shock you can give her a better look over for any injuries. Keeping her warm, settled and quiet is the priority right now.

5. Shadowbvb

Shadowbvb New Egg

May 15, 2016
    Thanks again Yea Im going to be with her all day keeping an eye out. Oh where will she sleep at night if in shock? Im thinking a box with alot oh holes and warm clothes.

6. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    If you don't have a dog crate a box will be fine for her :highfive:

7. Shadowbvb

Shadowbvb New Egg

May 15, 2016
    Okay thanks Now I will be worry free except she is not eating which is common for a shock. I do make her drink water and I try to give her favorite which is lettuce.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by