Chicken is sneezing?? NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickencheerios, Feb 11, 2017.

1. chickencheerios

chickencheerios Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2014
    some place in Texas.
    My hen Bear has been making a strange sneezing sound and overall just doesn't look happy. Along with the sneeze her eye started to get bubbly, like, bubbles were forming at the corner or her eye.. She was normal about 30 minutes ago when I came out, then she started to act up.. does anybody know what's wrong with her??
    And is there a way to post videos here? I'm in a rush as I'm very worried but I have video that can better explain what's going on

2. chickencheerios

Nov 25, 2014
    some place in Texas.
    She just jumped into the nesting bozes and is acting rather normal but I'm still very worried..[​IMG]

3. chickencheerios

Nov 25, 2014
    some place in Texas.
    She just laid an egg. I'm starting to wonder if that's why she was making those weird noises.
    The egg looks nice.
    [​IMG]

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Hi!

I'm glad to hear she laid her egg[​IMG]

You can upload your video by clicking on the "film reel" next to the smiley face in the text editor. We will be happy to take a look at it.

Keep watch on her to see if she continues to sneeze and have runny eyes. If so, you may want to separate her just in case she has a respiratory illness.

Let us know how she is doing.

5. chickencheerios

Nov 25, 2014
    some place in Texas.
    Thank you so much! She seemed to be doing okay and was once again letting out her little happy clucks last I checked on her. I'm going to go out and check on her again to make sure she's doing okay.
    I'm currently uploading the videos, once they are done I'll link them here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by