Chicken just lays down unsteady on her feet.

This is what's in her cage this morning.
Poor thing!
The poop is not normal. Sadly, with her age and the way she's standing and what you describe, I would suspect some type of reproductive disorder. Egg Yolk Peritonitis or similar would be my best guess, but there's no way to know unless you lose her and either send the body to your state lab for necropsy or you perform one yourself.

Poor thing!
The poop is not normal. Sadly, with her age and the way she's standing and what you describe, I would suspect some type of reproductive disorder. Egg Yolk Peritonitis or similar would be my best guess, but there's no way to know unless you lose her and either send the body to your state lab for necropsy or you perform one yourself.
That is true also..Although if full of coccidiosis they don't absorb feed properly and can't digest the nutrition. Hence the yucky poop..

This is what's in her cage this morning.
This looks bad...(not sugar coating here). This is more than likely a bacteria infection and NOT Coccidiosis.
It may be too late to help her with antibiotics but if a vet visit is doable for some antibiotics then I'd take her now.

Okay thank you. She's really skinny. You can feel her bones and she just stands there with her eyes closed. I don't want her to suffer. Not sure if there's any fix to her

This looks bad...(not sugar coating here). This is more than likely a bacteria infection and NOT Coccidiosis.
It may be too late to help her with antibiotics but if a vet visit is doable for some antibiotics then I'd take her now.

Back
Top Bottom