Chicken Kidnapper!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by debducttape, Jul 4, 2011.

1. debducttape

debducttape Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    We went on vacation to visit my sister who just had twins. We had to have someone to take care of the chickens, so we loaded them up along with their tractor and took them over to my in-laws. Now we have been back for 2 weeks, and my mother in law won't give them back!! They have fallen in love with my chickens (understandably so) and have gone into extreme spoiling mode. Actually, at this point they are more spoiled than any of the grandkids. *Sigh* So what to do now.... get more babies and start over (hubby will have to build another tractor) or steal them back (and break their hearts)?? Dang chickens and their overly adorableness!

2. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    Quote:[​IMG] Hmmmm...should this be the "Predators and pests" section? [​IMG]

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Another risk of keeping chickens!

Cute story and title.

You must start over now.

4. chickenbaguette

chickenbaguette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Oh no! Steal 'em back and give your in-laws some superglue for their hearts [​IMG]

5. andalusn

andalusn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    For the sake of family harmony I would start over. What a great situation to be in.. chicken shopping with permission [​IMG] What's one more tractor amongst family? It's all for a good cause. [​IMG]

6. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    I would offer to build them a tractor and get them new chicks of their own. Way to go.. Spread the love. [​IMG]

7. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Quote:X2! [​IMG]

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Quote:X3!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I would let them keep the tractor and the chicks and then build yourself a bigger tractor and increase your flock. Any excuse to get more chicks! [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    What a spot to be in...I would build a new tractor start over and pay someone to take care of them next time. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by