Chicken laid strange thing?

Rafa

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 22, 2010
Nottingham, England
I have posted a picture below of something strange I found in the coop the other morning. Im a beginner with chickens so for all I know it might be quite normal. One of my ladies was going crazy trying to eat it, its quite rubbery and kind of flesh like and looks and feels pretty weird, infact inside it, it looked like cooked chicken!!any ideas please?

47538_dsc00462.jpg

47538_dsc00459.jpg

There was a thread a few weeks back about this. Someones hen laid something really bizarre. Try searching a bit. I have no idea what words to use to do a search.
Someone will remember what it was.
I hope she will be alright.

Thanks for the link to that thread Imp fantastic reading. When I first posted the pictures I didnt want to say that I thought it looked like an embryo cos I thought everyone would think I was abit crazy!

A few things I did pick up on which are similar to my chicken that laid this, is that she too had not been near a roo, so you think well how could she lay something that looks like a baby chick!! and as someone else mentioned she is also a layer of double yokers and they are absolutley massive!! and she is not a regular layer. The other weird thing is that I have nick named her 'John Wayne' as she walks like she has just got off a horse, coincidence?

Thanks for the replies and l look forward to others views:) I will also be keeping my eye out to see if anyone else has ever had this happen.

ok I cant swear it wasnt pooped out, but it is nothing like poop I can assure you of that!! It is far too fleshy and layered to be poop.

Back
Top Bottom