Chicken lamaze

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by newchickgal, Sep 14, 2012.

1. newchickgal

newchickgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    I have two hens that were raised together and they are so close that at times they even share the same nesting box, at the same time. But usually when one is in the box, the other is close by hollering up a storm. Sometimes right in the laying chickens face! For a long time I thought one was just giving the other one a bad time about taking so long?&nbsp; But then just the other day though it dawned on me that maybe she is telling the laying hen...breath, breath, push, breath breath push!</p>

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG]

3. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    Some days I find more than one hen in the box laying.

Chris

4. Angie8eggs

Angie8eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012

Hahaha, too funny!! I have two leghorns that are like that with each other, they don't share the nesting boxes, but they talk to each other when they're laying! Thanks for the laugh!:lol:

5. mrsc1951

mrsc1951 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Largo, Florida
    I have one hen - an Australorp who is very vocal and sings along with any of the others who are singing the egg song. Sometimes she goes into the coop with the other(s) and sometimes she just stands out in the yard and sings at the top of her lungs. Maybe it is "encouragement". Who knows what goes through their little minds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by