1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken laws and ordinances in Stephenville, Tx?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gmow2087, Feb 7, 2016.

1. gmow2087

gmow2087 Just Hatched

Feb 7, 2016
    Hi all,

I'm new to BYC as of today! I love what this site is and does.

I am new to Stephenville,TX and saw that later this month Tractor Supply Co. will be selling chickens. I am looking forward to building my own coop and starting a small flock of my own, but can't seem to find ANY information on Stephenville's city website. I was curious if anyone on here could help me out.

Thank you,

Gmow2087

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would recommend going by your city hall. Someone there should be able to give you the information on whatever chicken regulations exist in your area. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in having chickens.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could also call your city or village hall. Do any folks in your area have livestock? If so - the prospects for chickens would seem bright.

1 person likes this.
  4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck with your endeavors!

1 person likes this.
  5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I wish you the best of luck with your city regs and chickens.

Cheers
    CT

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by