1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Laws in Brentwood, CA

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by pnkbrry24, Jun 24, 2011.

1. pnkbrry24

pnkbrry24 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    California
    Is it legal to own chickens, my lot is around 10,000, and BYC says 24 chickens are allowed, but I think that's on a lot over 20,000. So am I an outlaw?
    The Brentwood ordinance on chickens is unclear.
    Thanks!

2. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    I couldnt find Brentwood on the www.municode.com so your best bet would be to check your local zoning ordinances

3. pnkbrry24

pnkbrry24 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    California
    I figured it out, a fellow BYC member told me.
    Apparently our mayor hates chickens and they have been banned from the city unless you live on a 20,000 sqft lot. [​IMG]

4. 2Girlsn4Hens

2Girlsn4Hens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2010
    Brentwood
    Please join our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BrentwoodBackyardChickens

To all current and future chicken owners in Brentwood Northern California - we are starting our legal movement again! Elections are coming up in November and there are three open Brentwood seats (mayor and 2 council). Get informed and vote! Once there is a new city government, we plan bringing chicken ownership to the table again in January 2013! We have to speak louder than the opposition this time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by