Chicken laying down a lot

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SilkiesRcool, Nov 14, 2016.

1. SilkiesRcool

SilkiesRcool Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2016
    Florida
    I have 5 silkies a little over a month old about a month and a week and one of them lays down quite a bit. She will walk normally to the rest and just lay down and gotta like slouch to the left or right. She is eating and drinking just as much as the others and she plays with them and runs around but she doesn't "graze"? As much as the others. When she was a chick she was dropped 3 times ( I know that makes me sound horrible but these are my first chickens) so could she possibly have a disability or internal injury or is it just her personality? She is the brownish chick in the pictures and the pictures are from different ages of there lives.The last two pictures are from yesterday. Any help is appreciated thank you all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

The way she is laying looks normal to me.....If she runs and everything else is fine? I would not worry about it....Some like to lay down and cool off the belly or roll in dirt...

Cheers!!

3. SilkiesRcool

SilkiesRcool Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2016
    Florida
    Ok thank you for your input I just wasn't sure but she's also the calmest of all of them so it kinda makes sense.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by