Okay. So, I need some help with treating my chickens. I only have 10 girls. And I am not 100% sure if they have lice or what it is. I can never get them held down long enough to check them. I get ahold of them, and as soon as I start to get their feathers parted to check near the skin, they start flapping to get away from me. Ha. But, I do feel sort of sure that it is lice I'm dealing with. I can see several crawling bugs inside of the coop. I've only spotted them on our little chicken walkway in front of their nest boxes, and the bugs are also on the chicken eggs when I collect them, they are long, tan colored and they move pretty quickly, they are pretty teeeeny tiny. But, I do notice there seem to be several different sizes. I have several girls with feather loss as well. I also have a few that seem to have wattles that are becoming pale. But, they all are still very active, eating, drinking, etc etc. Pretty much I need some advice as to what to do as far as treatment is concerned. I currently have some of that Poultry Protector & some DE. I have been spraying the Poultry Protector in the coop and on the birds the last couple of days. Of course, I couldn't get them ruffled to get it all down to the skin. Just sort of doing the best I could. Its like they know I need to ruffle them up. When I go down there just to set and spend time, I can hold them and fool with their feathers as much as I want. But, now trying to check to see if there are any bugs on them, or to try and get that spray on them, they want no part of me. Brats. xP Anyways, I put a little of the DE in the coop, on the walk ways and in their nest boxes, I also put some mainly in the areas of the yard where they dust bathe. But, it has been raining so much here. I don't think it stayed on the ground too long. I do have some Sevin dust & spray. But, I'm really trying to avoid using that stuff, I just don't want to use a poison on or around my girls, unless I absolutely have to. I haven't done a complete coop clean out yet. As I haven't had a day off in about a month or longer, where it hasn't been pouring down rain. So, I am desperately seeking some guidance as to what is the best process to take. As I am not FOR SURE that the lice are on the girls. I'm just assuming. I'm also looking for like a timeline, as to when to do things, for how long, and when results should start to show up. I know this has been asked a million times before, but doing searches just has made me more confused.