Chicken Lingerie *NOW WITH PICS!*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Catstar68, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Several of my hens are a great favorite of my roosters. These include my 2 Australorps (AKA , the terribly flirty and outrageously promiscuous "French Girls"), Quiche and Souffle, and my big buff Orpingtons (who have nice broad backs, handy for a rooster with no coordination). My poor girls were just getting defeathered and rubbed raw by all the loving attention so I decided that the only choices I had were to either remove the roosters (which I didn't want to do) or buy them some chicken saddles...err, lingerie. Calling them saddles sounds like I am not only condoning the behavior but encouraging some sort of deviant practice of it. But I digress....

Luckily, Lovemychix sells lovely hen lingerie here on BYC! Thanks Lovemychix!

I ordered 6 lovely little apron/wing protector ensembles (that came quickly!) and they were slipped onto the favorites in the dark of night. In the morning everyone woke up and went about their business but the 6 girls were a little confused. Every few steps they stopped and squatted. I guess the lingerie had that kind of effect on them [​IMG] . After an hour or so, they got over it and enjoyed feeling warm (an odd property for lingerie IMO) for the first time all winter. The roosters decided that the fetching new chicken wear was no big deal and everything resumed it's normal course. My observation about roosters is that they don't really care what the hens are wearing as long as the hens give out. In retrospect, this is really not surprising to me.

My boyfriend comes over later that weekend to check out the new lingerie (the chicken lingerie), and after a few minutes of observing my pretty and colorful hens free ranging about the yard says to me....in his very English accent....dead serious as only an Englishman can be....he says:
    "I SAY LOOV, THEY APPEAR TO BE WEARING TEA COZIES".
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Love your descriptions! And tea cozies![​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] I can hear the English accent!

4. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    So funny-------You have to post pics!

5. Jesseschickens

Jesseschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    somewhere in Pa
    That is extreamly funny post pictures!!!!!!!!!!

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    That's so cute!! [​IMG]

7. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Tea cozies!! [​IMG]

8. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Here are my little tea cozies. The buff Orp hens, being proper and modest English ladies, declined photos and are a bit embarrassed and feel positively scandalized by this whole business. Plus, the lingerie makes their butts look even bigger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  9. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Tea cozies! Another name for the hen saddles. Saddles, jackets, aprons, lingerie, tea cozies...

10. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by