Chicken list for Milton, KY - this weekend

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chknbrdr, May 5, 2008.

1. chknbrdr

chknbrdr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    Just to let folks know what I am bringing, here is a partial list of what I have sorted through so far:

1 Trio of Black Breasted Red Rosecomb bantams
    1 Pair Light Brahma bantams
    1 Trio Seramas
    1 Trio Black Minorca Largefowl
    1 Pair Iowa Blue largefowl
    1 Pair Saxony ducks
    1 Pilgrim gander
    1 Aylesbury drake

Several chicks - the wrong side of some specific crosses I am making, good for pets, eggs or eating.

Several SQ White Rock bantam cockerels
    Several SQ Black LaFleche bantam cockerels
    Several odds and ends Largefowl roosters; White Langshan, Rhode Island Red, Black Australorp, New Hampshire, others.

I'm not posting/sending pics or taking advanced orders, just wanted to share in hopes of getting some posts of what others are taking to this swap.

I will also be bringing my full line of poultry supplies - unless it rains. I will be there at daylight.

Matt John
    www.shadylanepoultry.com
    www.poultrymansupply.com

2. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I have tried to contact you at the Shady Lane phone number several times and emailed also, with no answer. What time or how do I contact someone. Im interested in 1 or 2 breeds U have listed on your website. Thanks, Charles

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  3. chknbrdr

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    I have moved to Indiana and have been hard to reach. If the breeds you are interested in are not on the above list, then I do not have any for sale. I typically answer my emails pretty quicks, but often my response gets put into people's junkmail. Check your spam folder to see if I responded.

Matt

4. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I didn't find any reply. Dominique and RIR was what I was interested in. I would buy eggs if they were out of good parent stock.

5. chknbrdr

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    I don't have any eggs from those available right now, since I moved to Indiana, all my breeders are running together and the eggs are not purebred.

Matt

I did post some new pics on my website. They are large and may take a while to download. Go to the Exhibition page and the Bantams page

www.shadylanepoultry.com

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  6. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Hope you do lots of business this weekend! I wish we could go but havent got our stimulus money yet...

7. chknbrdr

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    You can still come to the swap, look around and get names of people you might want to buy from later. There are often bargains later in the day too, if you don't want to spend a lot of money.

Matt

8. Eggseronious

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Matt, I want Dominiques they are first on my list. The problem is there is so much pollution in their gene pool , but I will know when I see them. What I want is hard to find. Im not being picky, people have crossed and sold them for purebreds, when they are just Barred Rocks.
    I found some in Texas but it will be November he just done as U just did turned out and running all together, so they will get a good molt and some recovery time. I did notice on your web site that U said your Doms were the best layers! I need to stay in contact with you so when u get going back to get some chicks or eggs. Thanks Charles

Last edited: May 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by