Chicken Little and Chicken Big

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Greendecember, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Greendecember

Greendecember Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2010
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

I took pics of all our new chicks a few days ago. These two amazed me in size difference. I know one is a bantam and one is a standard but they were even extremes for their respective groups. They are also the only two I appear to have with feathered legs.

I'll post more pics of the rest of the jail birds later. I just thought this size comparison for types not age was interesting.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

They're so cute!

3. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    adorable!

4. cajun coop

cajun coop Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    Louisiana
    Luv this pic! [​IMG]

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

lol the little one is a mille fleur d'uccle and the big one is a light brahma if it has a peacomb, or if its a single comb its a cochin. very cool contrast picture [​IMG]

6. Greendecember

Dec 21, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:mille fleur d'uccle... hummm chickade with a fancy name! Hehe.

I cleaned out their borders Sunday but I had some with pasty bum so I'm gonna pull everyone out again today. I'll try to get picks of them a little older [​IMG]

7. Omani

Omani Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Machias,NY
    OMG, they are so cute. I have two like that. I just happened to have one lonely standard that needed a friend. Now I know what it is. [​IMG] Mine are about 1 1/2 weeks and a week old. You can really start to see the differance in size.

8. Greendecember

Dec 21, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Mine are about that age too. I took more pics today. [​IMG] I'll get them posted too. I forgot how long editing takes LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by