1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken little isn't eating

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickens girl, Feb 27, 2017.

1. chickens girl

chickens girl New Egg

Feb 27, 2017
    Help!! My dear chicken little is indoors, because she never leaves the coop, doesn't eat or drink water. Her comb looks dry and smaller than usual.

2. ChickenChaser9

ChickenChaser9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    Any other health issues or symptoms that you observe? Scrambled eggs are often enticing for chickens to eat, served not too hot.

3. chickens girl

chickens girl New Egg

Feb 27, 2017
    Her comb looks dry, she has lost weight which is bad because she is already a tiny bird. As a rule she loves meal worms and refused them as well as all other food. I know my other two chickens have been pecking at her. I've brought her indoors when it's been really cold and I'm afraid I messed with the pecking order, they seemed to be equals. I don't know if it's because she is sick or because she is so small. Someone told me to eat her. NEVER!!

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    I would post on the Emergencies and Diseases section of the forum - you might get some answers there. It could be that the other chickens are picking on her because they sense she is sickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by