chicken little went to town today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by michaelvcrowder, Dec 8, 2007.

1. michaelvcrowder

michaelvcrowder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2007
    gainesville georgia
    this afternoon the sun came out and chicken little said he was bored with work and wanted to go to town. so i blew off work for a couple of hours and took him out for a ride. so if you live in a town that is called the chicken city, where do you start your afternoon of fun?

at the georgia poultry park of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gainesville has several of these chickens scattered about town that have been painted by local artists. chicken said he wanted to do the le tour de chicken so off we went. he really liked this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next we went to the old city square looking for our feathered brethren...

[​IMG]

of course no trip to the square is complete without a visit to "ol Joe" who guards our fine city from yankee carpet baggers.

[​IMG]

by now chicken little was getting tired and needed a break.

[​IMG]

when we went to visit the other city square chicken, he was missing in action. apparently ol Joe looked away just long enough for on of dem thar carpet baggers to slip through the wire and steal one of our chickens. chicken little did some investigation and stood in for the square chicken for a while.

[​IMG]

our next stop was at the civic center to see the chicken that presides over the historic district.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chicken little spent some time running around the front yard of the civic center. he ran, he played, he ate grass and i think he even did his business right there in the middle of town. it was a big afternoon and we decided to call it a day. we will go out in search of the other town chickens on the next sunny afternoon that we get a chance.

[​IMG]

check back next week at this same chicken time on this same chicken channel for the continuing adventures Chicken Little, the wonderfulest adventure chicken to ever live.

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    What wonderful pictures - Chicken Little must have had a grand day! Thanks for posting them!

3. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    we used to take our weiner dog to the hot dog stand for her birthday. [​IMG]

4. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

HaHaHa [​IMG] I live in Gainesville, too! I just know you and your chicken little had a wonderful time in town today making all of those pictures. Hey, you've got to take him to the Lanier Technical College in Oakwood below Gainesville. In the front of the campus they have one of the big fiberglass roosters like the ones around the square of Gainesville. It is the coolest looking one of all, I think. The rooster is painted like the American Flag with the beautiful colors of RED, WHITE, and BLUE. Check it out. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures and glad to see another chicken lover in the Chicken Capital of the World.

Soonerdog

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  5. michaelvcrowder

Nov 26, 2007
    gainesville georgia
    soonerdog,
    my business is on hudgins dr just behind jim hardman pontiac. stop by sometime and i'll introduce you to chicken little and buy you a cup of coffee. we are going to hunt down the rest of the chickens for test shots as time permits. then come spring i am going to get two buddies that shoot professionally to help me pose and shoot some really nice photos.

the plan after that is a childrens book. i have the ideas for copy and layout rolling around in my empty skull like an easter egg gone wild. since i own a publishing company also and have a good book printer already in my pocket the only thing left will be marketing the darn thing.
    michael

6. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    That is so cute! It would make a cute kids TV show too.
    I love the one where he's looking up at the big chicken. Too cute! [​IMG]

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

AH MAN, next time you go I want to go too.......... so cool..thanks for sharing. I love all those big birds [​IMG]

8. michaelvcrowder

Nov 26, 2007
    gainesville georgia
    okiechick,
    you are more than welcome to come along. a long day of driving is all that is would take. then another long day home. my biggest problem was trying to pose him then get back and take the shot. i need either a handler or i am going to have to run the chicken and let someone else run the camera. it is hard to do both.
    michael

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

What a cute chicken...and it looks like he had a fun day!

10. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it will make a wonderful childrens book, Michael. I might just take you up on the coffee offer and come meet you and your chicken little. My little boy, he is seven, would love to come meet chicken little too. He used to have a white silkie named Cotton. He is a chicken lover too!
    Your plans to make a book sounds great.
    Best of luck,
    Soonerdog

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by