Chicken looks "off"? Could this be poisoning? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by SCOUT123, Sep 2, 2016.

1. SCOUT123

SCOUT123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    She's not her normal self today. She walks slowly, she can run, but she doesn't want to, and prefers to stand and in a corner semi-hunched up, sometimes with her eyes closed, sometimes not. She didn't talk at all today, at least during the time I was home. She laid an egg earlier this morning, so I'm sure it's not a reproductive ptoblem. However, my mom did say that my next door neighbors had hired bug exterminators and they were spraying their stuff around. Does this sound like poisoning? She was fine yesterday. She eats, but only her favorite treats so far. Crop looks normal. My other chicken doesn't display any of these symptoms. WHAT COULD THIS BE? HELP!!!

2. SCOUT123

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    Okay, she's scratching in the dirt with her sister now, but she still looks kind of off. Anyone please?
    Also forgot to mention that my mom didn't put out the waterer while i was at school today, so she may or may not hve gone into the coop to get a drink.

3. SCOUT123

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    Her crop feels a bit squishy, actually. Could it be impacted/sour crop?

4. SCOUT123

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    I just found that they'd eaten part of a spaghetti sauce bottle wrapper, too. Could this also br why?

5. SCOUT123

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    I went to check on them this evening and she seemed a lot better, thankfully. Still, anyone?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  6. SCOUT123

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    Okay, she's completely normal today. [​IMG] I felt her crop in the morning and it was emptied, which means no crop problems, thankfully.
    She hasn't laid an egg yet, but I'm pretty sure she will later in the day. Her comb and wattles are a bit reddish-orangish today, though. Any thoughts on what happened yesterday?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by