Chicken lost voice

Sheltiepawz

Songster
Sep 16, 2019
Deep South Louisiana
Hi, one of my barred rock pullets has lost her voice and almost sounds like she is whispering. She is 25 weeks today. She was probably our most vocal chicken so it is very noticeable that she is quiet. This happened 3 days ago. She is showing no other symptoms at all. No wheezing, no lethargy, no nasal discharge. She is acting completely normal except for the lost voice. I looked in her throat today and I didnt notice anything unusual. Her crop is fine also. Very red comb, great looking feathers.

She did lay a egg that was not completely shelled overnight 2 days before she lost her voice. This was her first egg. No others since then. Ideas??? Thanks in advance!

Lookin throat and all was fine. Crop completely empty in the morning. I was really worried this morning she was still hoarse and then the little devil did this...
Obviously she is only hoarse when she wants to be:lau

She laid her first real egg about an hour later.
I guess she just made herself hoarse the other day. She sang a REALLY loud egg song the day before she went hoarse.
So glad it’s nothing serious!!!

Lookin throat and all was fine. Crop completely empty in the morning. I was really worried this morning she was still hoarse and then the little devil did this...
Obviously she is only hoarse when she wants to be:lau

She laid her first real egg about an hour later.
I guess she just made herself hoarse the other day. She sang a REALLY loud egg song the day before she went hoarse.
So glad it’s nothing serious!!!
I'm glad she's better!
There at the end she does give a slight little sneeze, I would just watch her for a few days and take note if she has any mucous or discharge from the eyes.

She's sure does sound hearty though - I love it! BR are one of my favorite breeds:)

I'm glad she's better!
There at the end she does give a slight little sneeze, I would just watch her for a few days and take note if she has any mucous or discharge from the eyes.

She's sure does sound hearty though - I love it! BR are one of my favorite breeds:)
I will be keeping a close eye! Hoping she has gotten over whatever it was. She is sooo friendly, sweet and talkative. One of our favorites!

Back
Top Bottom