Chicken love- "The grossest thing I've ever seen"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Sep 5, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got my chair in the pen so when I want to watch a little chicken tv I can. Assuming I go to sit in said chair, it isn't 10 seconds before I have a "friend" that hops up and sits with me. Of course these friends hop up I'm thinking cause they like being petted, talked to, and given a little lovin.' [​IMG]

My friends girlfriend sees it as gross, disgusting, infantile. She’s the one who “won’t eat anything unless it’s from a store.” [​IMG] I don’t give it much credence.

So, do you hug your chickies? :aww

2. vixchix

vixchix Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    Illinois
    YES! I hug and kiss my chickens all the time. They deserve affection--and so do I, by the way!

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I do pet my chickens, but I don't think I've hugged any of them. Though that is more because I am worried about squeezing them too hard than anything else. Plus I worry about getting my eyes too close to those beaks, lol.

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Uh.....the girlfriend needs to get over it.

Enjoy your chickens and give em hugs if you want - isn't that why we have them ?? well, that and eggs too!

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i have a chair in my silkie pen and love to sit and do some bonding with them each day. Not every one of them likes to be held, but some do. i have a bantam cochin and spangled OEG bantam in there, too, and they are super love bugs. They want to be on my shoulder or up against me somehow. My favorite grey silkie Buttercup likes to sit on my lap while i pet her neck and back. She fuffs up her cheek feathers and looks so contented.

My personal feeling is that the best people, the most kind, and most spiritually-advanced are the ones who truly love and respect animals. Anyone who doesn't like animals - i don't want them in my life.

So go hug that chicken! [​IMG]

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
  7. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    Everyday I have a little plank of wood I sit on, and 1 chick will hop up on my shoulder, then 2, then another on my head and eventually I have 7 on me and have to hug one, pass it on. hug one, pass it on. LOL Hug your chickens! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    I have a chair next to the coop, as well. Emily, Natalie, Chicken Boo, and Antonia hop up on my lap and onto the arms of the chair, especially if I have treats. We are still working out who likes to get pet where.

9. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Pet, hug and kiss your chicks if you want too. It is not gross disgusting or infantile. They deserve love to, they are alive and have feelings. I treat my chickies just like my other pets.

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have my chair next to the pen so I can love them and hug them and kiss them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by