Chicken lovers of Florida--PLEASE help me

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by joann, May 24, 2008.

1. joann

joann Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Brooksville
    In april 2 of my friends and i got together and order our chickens from Ideal Poultry. We all got the breeds that we wanted. We are like you raising them for eggs and/or meat. We ordered and recieved 8 white rock and 2roos, 2 bantys.

The most horrible thing happen today while we were out shopping. Some thing got into my coop and killed every chicken. 2 are missing and the rest were on the ground with their neck s broken.

Well we cleaned up the mess and are very sad about loosing them. My dear husband told me to order more. Well I look at ideal and they are completely sold out of every breed i am interest in. I email the company about my problem but, it a holiday weekend, I really don't know what they can do for me anyways. I check other breeding farm you need to order 25 chick to have them shipped.

I am lost with out my chick.

2. dani813

dani813 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Joann,
    i'm so sorry to here about your loss. We have a MilleFleur d'Uccle and an Antwerp Belgian both 9 weeks old, both roos, you can have them both if you want to drive down to Clearwater.(they are both beautiful and sweet, we're just to close to neighbors for roos)

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I'd help you out- I have more chicks than I know what to do with right now and I'm about to be overrun. Trouble is, the drive is a little far. Sorry for you loss. Did you ever figure out what did it and how it got in?

4. joann

joann Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Brooksville
    Hey All,

I want to thank all of you for your offers and kind words(PM and Forums). But I really love White rocks. I want to thank Pam the most for spiliting my new order of chicks. They are due on June 20. as for what got in my coop we are quessing that it was a neighborhood dog. But my DH took care of the coop this week end and add half by half wire to the bottem and next week-end he will be reinforcing the reinforment with one by sixes.

Thanks again Joann

PS. My neighbors daughter lost her pet bunnie the same weekend. If we ever find out what ever got into the pens. It will be dog on a spit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by