Chicken major foot injury šŸ”

Pics

miiiraval

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2022
Hi, im mira and im new here. My four year old chicken is sick. Last week, i noticed that my chicken is unwell. She hasnt been laying eggs for weeks and barely drinks water. Two months ago, she had a (upper) leg injury due to her rope. When i noticed it i immediately untied her and cleaned her wound. She seemed okay after that but these past few days, she started breathing really fast and she looks really unwell.

She can not stand anymore and when she lays down, she presses on her other side. she's now pale and not as active as before. Her leg injury must have really affected her health.

Now, i only clean her wounds with warm water and dry it after. im not sure if i should use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect her wound. I feed her many times a day and i use a droplet to make her drink water. I feed her her everyday feed and the internet says greek yogurt is good for sick chickens so i fed her that. I dont know what to do and my parents arent helping me. I cant lose her :((( pls help.

what can i feed her to make her feel better? any vitamins / food that will help her gain her strength again.

Attachments

• IMG_20220803_233302.jpg
    IMG_20220803_233302.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220803_195301.jpg
    IMG_20220803_195301.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 11
There could be an infection, especially if the wound was never properly cleaned. Does it feel hot? You might need to get some fish antibiotics. There's nothing you can feed her for this. Try wet chicken feed or Scrambled Eggs, yogurt is ok but she needs something more nutritious.

Last edited:
Hi, im mira and im new here. My four year old chicken is sick. Last week, i noticed that my chicken is unwell. She hasnt been laying eggs for weeks and barely drinks water. Two months ago, she had a (upper) leg injury due to her rope. When i noticed it i immediately untied her and cleaned her wound. She seemed okay after that but these past few days, she started breathing really fast and she looks really unwell.

She can not stand anymore and when she lays down, she presses on her other side. she's now pale and not as active as before. Her leg injury must have really affected her health.

Now, i only clean her wounds with warm water and dry it after. im not sure if i should use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect her wound. I feed her many times a day and i use a droplet to make her drink water. I feed her her everyday feed and the internet says greek yogurt is good for sick chickens so i fed her that. I dont know what to do and my parents arent helping me. I cant lose her :((( pls help.

what can i feed her to make her feel better? any vitamins / food that will help her gain her strength again.
Metrazole, or fish zone is good for infection. Was this wound thoroughly cleaned??

There could be an infection, especially if the wound was never properly cleaned. Does it feel hot? You might need to get some fish antibiotics. There's nothing you can feed her for this. Try wet chicken feed or Scrambled Eggs, yogurt is ok but she needs something more nutritious.
Hii, yes ive cleaned her wound really well and i made sure i left it dry to avoid infection but it seems like it didnt stop the infection. I touched her leg and it felt hot too... I fed her hard-boiled eggs before but i'll feed her Scrambled eggs from now on. Thanks for ur help!!

Metrazole, or fish zone is good for infection. Was this wound thoroughly cleaned??
thanks for ur help!! Yes i made sure her wound was cleaned well and dried it after. But even after that, her wound got infected so im gonna try other meds to treat her wound.

Hii, yes ive cleaned her wound really well and i made sure i left it dry to avoid infection but it seems like it didnt stop the infection. I touched her leg and it felt hot too... I fed her hard-boiled eggs before but i'll feed her Scrambled eggs from now on. Thanks for ur help!!
Cleaned as in you used peroxide, wound cleaner or antibiotic cream?

thanks for ur help!! Yes i made sure her wound was cleaned well and dried it after. But even after that, her wound got infected so im gonna try other meds to treat her wound.
Wounds like that need antibiotic treatment every day for at least a week.

Back
Top Bottom