Chicken making strange sound when breathing

BakersBluffFarm

Yooper in the coop
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
One of my hens is making a cooing sound everytime she breathes in and out. Pretty lethargic, has been sneezing and coughing here and there, but not as much as I'd expect for a respiratory infection. Her crop feels pretty full and i can't tell if she's holding any extra fluid. She seems to be holding steady and I've given her electrolytes and boiled egg for now. As of now none of my other chickens are showing any kind of respiratory issues.
And no, i do not have any kind of vet near me.
Ive attached a video of her breathing

Any advice besides keeping her separated, hydrated and well fed?

Forgot to mention, this morning she was fine, 9 hours later she was like this. And she isn't gaping at all. She doesn't seem to be drinking much but was interested in eating the boiled egg.

Update: she made it through the night and stopped breathing in a weird way. Laid a weird shaped egg but seems to be good now. Still no idea what was wrong with her

One of my hens is making a cooing sound everytime she breathes in and out. Pretty lethargic, has been sneezing and coughing here and there, but not as much as I'd expect for a respiratory infection. Her crop feels pretty full and i can't tell if she's holding any extra fluid. She seems to be holding steady and I've given her electrolytes and boiled egg for now. As of now none of my other chickens are showing any kind of respiratory issues.
And no, i do not have any kind of vet near me.
Ive attached a video of her breathing

Any advice besides keeping her separated, hydrated and well fed?
Almost all respiratory issues are causes from Mycoplasma. I recommend 1 cc Denaguard from a syringe every 12 hours until she is breathing normally. It won't take long because her case isn't that serious yet.

Back
Top Bottom