Chicken Manure.......

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rehric00, Jul 28, 2013.

1. rehric00

rehric00 Songster

Apr 3, 2013
    Just wanted to ask you guys before I make myself look like a fool...

Do people buy chicken manure? I have 30 birds that poo an awful lot. I heard some people use the manure for gardens, and, well if I could collect the droppings and sell them- it would essentially decrease the cost of their food. Just trying to think outside the box, as money is tight right now.

Thanks!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Absolutely people will buy chicken manure. It is awesome fertilizer and wise gardeners know it. Try Craigslist!

3. rehric00

rehric00 Songster

Apr 3, 2013
    Thats kinda what I was thinking :) whats a decent price that people would feel good paying? I would probably sell it by the box or have people bring their own boxes...

4. Hedgfun

Hedgfun In the Brooder

Hi Peeps from UK,

We make Tea with our CM, then put in 5ltr containers and sell them for £2.00 per 5ltr at the front of the lawn, we also visit country shows as traders and take some with us. At shows we sell for £2.50 to £5.00 depending on the show and entry fee paid.

We always sell out. We also take pre-orders for it. Contact your local horticulture group and introduce yourself, telling them what your offering. We have heard of local allotment groups hiring chickens by the week for putting in allotments... Bit like farmers when they hire bee keepers to loan them bee hives and bees for pollenating, now do the same with the chickens. There is good money to be made. Nice little niche market :)

If you ever do carboot sales, make some up and have 2nd table just selling CM Tea. I think you will be very surprised at the outcome and the income generated!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: