Chicken math 8 x 12 shed coop in the making

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by blackdog043, Apr 17, 2017.

1. blackdog043

blackdog043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    It's been about 11 years since we have had chickens, we were up to about 25 of a very mixed flock. We relocated and I have been wanting to get chicks again for a couple years and it finally happened. I bought a small coop that I was gonna mod to hold 3 or 4 chickens. Our first purchase was 8 chicks, with the idea that we could loose 1 or 2 plus maybe a roo in the mix. Worst case if they all make it, we sell a few. Well They're all doing great at 7 weeks, not sure if there are any roos yet. Now to quick get a bigger coop done. It will be done enough for them to move into this weekend and I can do the rest with them out there, make real windows, shingle the roof and do the run.

[​IMG]
    Original coop that I was gonna modify

Then this happened

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black Jack Rubr Coat 57 for the floor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Waiting for the floor to cure. The flip outs will be windows (I have to make them) and the door will have a window. There are windows on both sides also. The front and back soffits have hardware cloth already. I used 2 x 6's for the roof rafters instead of 2 x 4's just to raise it a little higher for more ventilation.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :thumbsup

3. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    It happens. Our old coop was 280sq ft. Then we built a mobile 6x8 coop on a trailer frame, once we found out we were moving. Have that set up, plus 5 stalls in the barn. LOL And the brooder shed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by