Chicken math is kicking my butt

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Caddy-Corner-Chick, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Songster

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    I am up to my ears in chicks..

Now I need to build another coop for my bantam collection....

somebody please help me!!!

Black Australops, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington

White cochins , partridge cochin, buff cochin Bantams

and now i just bought 8 golden laced wyandotte bantams..
    oh not to mention the 3 ducks

I need to join the club

My name is Lori, and I am a chick-aholic and my husband tells me if I want them then just order them... he is not helping my addiction!!! [​IMG]

2. LOL, Welcome, my name is Gayle and I am also a chickenholic. [​IMG] You have joined the right club. God Bless those wonderful husbands that enable our addiction. I have one and I love him all the more for it. His favorite saying to me is, "Honey, if it makes you happy then I'm happy." Hehehehe, yup, I love him.

Edited to include my insane list of chickens and chicks;

at last count

Year olds: 3 Buff Orpingtons, 2 EE's, 2 Mille Fleur D'uccles, 5 Silkies, 1 Cochin Frizzle Bantam, 1 Polish Crested

9 week olds: 6 Barnyard mutts

4 week olds: 16 assorted LF Cochin Pullets, 26 Barnyard Mutts (test hatch), 26 assorted pullets (20 Isa Browns, 2 Light Brahmas, 2 Silver laced Wyandottes, and 1 EE), and 6 assorted st. run TSC chicks.

-5 losses (1 blue Cochin, 2 Isa browns, 2 MF D'uccles)

Grand total 89 chickens/chicks not including the 39 eggs in the incubator.

I have 23 Silkies, 4 Black Copper Marans, 4 Blue Copper Marans, and 8 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes currently in lock-down in my incubator.

This past weekend, we priced out materials for a new 12 X 20 coop with a 12 X 12 attached run. Yup gonna need it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  3. hennyannie

hennyannie Songster

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    HUBBIES! Mine just called, I am at the feed store do you need anything, they have chicks, and a local breeder is here and has some japanese bantams, and the kids said they like them, and didnt you say you wanted some more sexlinks? ON AND ON AND ON HELPPPPPPP!

4. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Songster

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    Quote:Yeah for husbands!!!

Mine called and said Hey honey, My boss has some type of white bantams with black around his neck, do you need a rooster... I said oh my that is a Brahma... such a shame it's not a hen or Yes I would want it!!! LOL

5. kristim23

kristim23 In the Brooder

Oct 8, 2010
    I know what you mean- even though no birds here yet! The shed-to-coop conversion has been put off til the fall, but my number of birds keeeps going up! I decided to charge chicken intrest for the delay! And, although DH seems to be anti-chicken, (his mantra is Happy wife, happy life, thank goodness), he just drew up the plans, and the run has grown by 40 square feet! [​IMG]

However, even though he is a closet-enabler, all you people with your lavender Ameraucanas and Lemon blue cochins, etc., and the Greenfire banner at the bottom of the screen aren't helping....

Pretty sure my closet enabler won"t go for the $400 pair of cream legbars.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: