Chicken Math??? is there a regents exam?

stasichick

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 3, 2014
Long Island
SO what exactly is chicken math?? looks like i just might need to order a few more chickies
yippiechickie.gif

so is it just that they multiply? or that we want more? haha... I must say I keep talking out getting more and we have only had our three girls for two weeks!!!

so is it just that they multiply? or that we want more? haha... I must say I keep talking out getting more and we have only had our three girls for two weeks!!!
You will want more, different breeds more more more....

Then you want to hatch chicks.....want to see your broody hen raise them...then another broody wants a family more more more.......

This is chicken math 101
lau.gif

hehehe! That is what I thought... but everyone kept saying it and all google gave me was charts showing the cost of growing eggs vs buying eggs!!! haha.

well I am totally ready for more chickens!

Oh boy, there are some chicken math experts on here that can help you with that one. We started with eight a few years ago. Now we are up to four chicken coops and adding more and well over 100 chickens (babies, teens, adults, hens, roos) of many different breeds. We love it!!!

Oh boy, there are some chicken math experts on here that can help you with that one. We started with eight a few years ago. Now we are up to four chicken coops and adding more and well over 100 chickens (babies, teens, adults, hens, roos) of many different breeds. We love it!!!
Same here, started two years ago with 3, now up to 36....had to slow down but love having them....oh by the way, speaking of chicken math, my friend here on BYC says that when you count your chickens that babies and roos do not count and bantams only count as a half chicken. So if her math is correct I really only have 15 chickens, that sounds a lot better than 37! LOL

Lol!

I love chicken math. It really doesn't have to make sense to anybody but you!

We started with 17 chicks last year and are now up to 37. We built another coop and are keeping the two flocks separate.

Our newest babies are about 3 weeks old now and I'm already drooling over the baby chick thread (when I'm not out playing with my little sweeties or my big sweeties! Chickens are the best thing I've ever seen for relaxing, learning, fun and just all around good times.

I love them more than I ever thought possible!

Same here, started two years ago with 3, now up to 36....had to slow down but love having them....oh by the way, speaking of chicken math, my friend here on BYC says that when you count your chickens that babies and roos do not count and bantams only count as a half chicken. So if her math is correct I really only have 15 chickens, that sounds a lot better than 37! LOL

Wow! That means I only have 9! I need more immediately!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom